General labor – Manufacturing
Salary: $ 15 / hour
Sliding Systems, Inc. is looking to hire a few excellent employees for general positions. This could include drilling, welding, riveting and bolting. Our two shifts are either Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with occasional overtime on Saturdays. After 90 days, we offer medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, paid vacation, sick pay and a 401K retirement plan. Please contact Lindsey Blost in Human Resources, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. at 5 p.m. at 517-339-1455 ext. 210 for more information.
How to register: Please apply in person at Sliding Systems, Inc. at 8080 E. Old M-78, Haslett, MI. 48840 or call Lindsey Blost at 517-339-1455 ext 210.
Mitalent.org URL for the job, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/11835467
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 11835467
Works of the Michigan Capital Region!
Salary: $ 35,000 to $ 40,000 / year
As an Executive Assistant, you will manage the schedule of our General Manager (CEO) and provide administrative support for various tasks within Human Resources so that they can focus on strategic management and budget decisions. .
Each day you will answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate parties or take messages. Every day you will also open, sort and distribute mail, faxes and e-mails. You will often have to proofread documents for administrative staff. Teamwork, managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and performing your tasks with a high degree of precision are essential.
To thrive in this job, you must be supportive, problem-solver, have written and oral communication skills, be able to work independently, and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Google.
Works of the Michigan Capital Region! assists companies in their recruitment and retention strategies and assists job seekers in their career and education opportunities. In 2020, we provided remote services to 1,500 job seekers and served 2,845 participants in various workforce development programs.
On a typical day, you might …
· Prepare memos, letters and documents using word processing, spreadsheet or presentation software
· Prepare agendas and attachments for board meetings
· Attend meetings to record minutes
· Compile, transcribe and post meeting minutes on the website
· Order office and break room supplies
· Organize the travel of executives and other administrative staff
Every two weeks, you will process the payroll. (We know you’ll want to get paid; so do we.)
Works of the Michigan Capital Region! is an employer guaranteeing equal opportunities.
This position is funded by a grant and applicants should understand that any offer of employment or continued employment is dependent on the availability of grant funds.
For your safety, keep this in mind. You have to:
· Safely and successfully perform essential job functions in accordance with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and / or quantitative productivity standards.
· Maintain a regular and punctual presence in accordance with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Speak, listen and speak clearly on the phone and in person.
How to register: Send by mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae and handwriting example at:
Carrie Rosingana, CEO, Capital Area Michigan Works!
2110 S. Cedar Street, Lansing, MI 48910
Or email cover letter, curriculum vitae and handwriting example at [email protected]
CANDIDATES ACCEPTED ONLY UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
An employer / equal opportunity program. Aids and ancillary services are available on request for people with disabilities. EEO / TTY callers use 711 or 1- (844) 578-6563
Mitalent.org URL for the job, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/9163209
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 9163209
The Electrical Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of electrical distribution systems essential to serving Jackson’s internal and external customers. The main objective is to provide high quality and cost effective installation, maintenance and repair services to the electrical distribution system.
· Performs high quality, cost effective installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of an assortment of power distribution and communication systems and equipment.
· Performs an assortment of assignments and projects with minimal supervision using plans and technical documents.
· Investigate and analyze data / electrical equipment and system issues and provide solutions and recommendations to electrical supervisor.
Responsible for the safe and proper locking out of hazardous energy sources on all plant systems or equipment on which work is being performed.
· Respond to site emergencies.
· Implements industry and company standards in the workplace.
· Provides documentation for electrical systems for Jackson facilities nationwide.
· Performs other assigned tasks and / or projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
· Strong knowledge of national and local electrical codes and standards.
· Must have an understanding of the following: building, fire, ADA and related codes.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
· Availability to work weekends and any shift required on short notice.
· Ability to travel to other facilities with overnight stays as required.
Ability to handle heavy workloads (80 pounds) and pull cables as needed.
Good communication skills, dedication and commitment to providing excellent customer service
HS diploma required.
4+ years of electrical experience required.
Valid Journeyman Electrician’s license required.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it and we use it for the good of our people, our products and our community. Jackson prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and approves federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin , legally recognized disability, marital status, medical condition protected by law, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other factor unrelated to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
At Jackson, our employees are empowered to bring a new perspective, take on new challenges and define their own career path. We value the unique perspectives and innovative ideas from the diverse backgrounds of our employees.
Jackson is the trading name of Jackson National Life Insurance Company (head office: Lansing, Michigan) and Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York (head office: Purchase, New York). Jackson National Asset Management, LLC (JNAM) located in Chicago, Illinois, is an SEC registered investment advisor and a subsidiary of Jackson.
Annuities are distributed by Jackson National Life Distributors LLC, a member of FINRA. PGDS (US ONE) LLC (PGDS-US) is a service company and subsidiary of Jackson that supports Jackson and its subsidiaries around the world. PGDS-US associates provide world-class expertise and services that are essential to Jackson and its affiliates.
Jackson Companies offer an exceptional benefit package including competitive salary, bonuses, full health insurance benefits, matching 401 (k) pension plan, adoption assistance, matching donation program education and a tuition program for dependents. Online applications requested. Contact [email protected] for alternative formats for hosting.
To learn more about Jackson’s financial strength and results, visit jackson.com (https://www.jackson.com/our-company/financials/landing.xhtml).
How to register: https://nlx.jobsyn.org/5566e5be81fa4f2ab38e243fac05d7a4151
Mitalent.org URL for the job, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/11902701
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 11902701
Copyright 2021 WILX. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our Newsletter 10 and get the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.